Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bonjour! Our first day in Paris!

Bonjour!  There’s not much to post yet.  Our first day in Paris consisted of a quick trip to the Eiffel Tower, and then we headed back to the hotel to hibernate after our long travel day.  This morning we woke up to kids yelling outside the school across the street, then headed downstairs for the best croissants we’ve ever had!  It looks like rain today, but we’re headed out anyway.  Today’s agenda includes (at least) Notre Dame, the River Seine, Champs de Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe.    
                                                                                                                                                -Jordan


Jordan and I had expected we’d be able to sleep through a good part of the 6 hour flight from Montreal to Paris.  We hadn’t considered that we might not be able to get any sleep at all on the flight (actually, I got 15 minutes, so I was lucky).  Therefore everything we did yesterday was done on zero sleep.  When we got here, though, we were too excited to be in Paris to be tired.  I had to buy myself some French macarons (the woman laughed when I pulled my money out of my money belt) and Jordan ordered some escargot as part of lunch.  I tried one, too… it actually was better than I expected!  We are located a little less than 2 miles from the Eiffel Tower, just east of the Jardin du Luxembourg (Luxembourg Garden).  There is a water closet (room with just a toilet) down the hall, and we’ve got to go down to the first floor to shower (which, in France, is the floor above the level on which you enter the building), but we were very lucky to have a balcony off of our room!  I’m very excited to go walk along the Seine and see the sights around it today (and maybe the Eiffel Tower again!)
                                                                                                                                                ~Melissa

Distance Walked- 6.75 miles





4 comments:

  1. What an exciting first day you had - and I'm so impressed with your sense of adventure, even with the food! Way to go! Didn't realize that it would look so spring-like already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa and Jordan! I'm so excited to be able to share your travels with this blog! Have a wonderful time exploring Europe and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers in front of Notre Dame make me wonder if the tulips will be in full bloom in the Netherlands. If so, I think it will be a spectacular treat! I hope you are sleeping well right now and wake to a beautiful morning in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go somewhere really seedy and talk to poor people

    ReplyDelete